Friday, January 7, 2011

Portrait and self-portrait tips and ideas

 Good Tips

  1. Think about your motivation and emotions: Blankly staring at the camera rarely gets good results. Be silly, don’t be afraid to over-act. The worst that can happen is that you fill up your memory card with useless photos; but you might also find yourself with a proper gold-nugget of a self portrait.
  2. If you’ve got a remote trigger, that’s usually a better and more controllable than trying to use the self-timer.
  3. Use props! 

 Environmental Portraits

What interested me was that it looks like the camera is inside of the mouth. The photo is kind of like in a first person view and that's why I really like it. I also like how you can see the dentists performing on the mouth.

I picked this photo manly because it has a nice background. I like it because it looks like as if the boy is being pulled down or sucked into the tall, green grass.


Self Portraits


 I picked this photo because I think the angle of the photo is very different and unique then most self portraits and because the girl in the photo is pretty. What I like in the photo is how her eyes glow. They look like they're glowing and her eyes are very shiny.  


I picked this particular photo because I think it's very unique how the women used a photo of herself. I like how she used it as her face instead of just taking a photo of her actual face. It's really cool how she did that.


Casual Portraits


I think this photo is very interesting and you can tell it was taken a long time ago that's why I picked it. I like how you can see all the cigarette smoke in the image.

I picked this photo because of the cute little girl, but I like it because she is more off onto the left side of the photo. I think that's really creative of the photographer.


Portrait Assignment

When it's time for our assignment I am going to shoot pictures of myself. My photos will be taken in the courtyard of the school. I think I will sit down on a bench or rock. I'm going to make a weird pose. I will have an assistant to make sure I am in the shot and to help out.




No comments:

Post a Comment